In 1999, Icon introduced the world to art-printed leather shoes with the release of its’ Andy Warhol Campbell Soup Sneaker. Since then, Icon has proved a leader in designing and manufacturing luxurious, high-quality, high-fashion shoes, handbags, and accessories. It is our goal to create leather goods that make our customers feel fashionable and comfortable and bring art to the world in an innovative way.
With a keen eye to trending colors and textures, our talented designers and graphic artists skillfully select and reproduce classic and contemporary artwork onto our leather products. They are exacting in their attention to detail, ensuring that the images are sized and positioned to complement each product type, while maintaining the integrity of the artwork they interpret. Our patented printing process transfers the exclusive, licensed artwork onto high-quality leather.
- Icon brings Arts to fashion and makes them available to everyone. We feature famous masterpieces of historical artists such as Picasso, Klimt, Van Gogh, and Monet. The arts we work with and licensed are owned by the most prestigious museums and galleries around the world. We also support living artists, by introducing their art pieces in our collections. All the artworks we use are licensed and we pay a percentage of sales to the artists as royalty fees.
- Other than the newest canvas shoes we launched in 2015, all our printed leathers and trim leathers are made with the finest cowhide or lambskin available.
- All our products are produced in limited quantities, ranging from 50-200 pieces per style. They are all collectible items to be treasured as art pieces. At Icon, we are knowledgeable in arts and we use the same language and terminology as in the art world.
- We categorize our products by art, and we refer to them as “Art Collections”. Each art collection comes in a variety of product styles — shoes, handbags, and small leather goods, and they are carefully designed and put together to tell a fashion story. Therefore, not every product style is available in each art collection.
- Icon Shoes is not seasonal. We create new art collections every season, and we will never utilize the same art in the same way again. We may, from time to time and in limited quantities, bring back popular items as part of our “Timeless Collections”. At Icon we believe in timeless, keepsake pieces to be enjoyed for years to come. We make art wearable and fit into every days’ wardrobe.
At Icon, we are “Wearable Art”.
Where we are now…
2018 brought many changes to Icon. We became Canadian! A group of socially-conscious people decided to purchase the business assets and move it to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, on the Canadian prairies.
In its’ new home, e-commerce has continued, and we opened our flagship store, Icon Shoes & Accessories, at 808 Broadway Avenue in Saskatoon.
This is all very exciting, but the objective of the business is to support our social platform. Here at Icon, we believe that everyone deserves to have a chance at a full, productive life as a contributing member of society. We are focused on helping people, mainly those in recovery, single moms, people who have been incarcerated, and people who are new to our country. We have partnered with several local agencies to find those who are willing, and employ them, providing them with training and support in a safe, supportive, and non-judgmental space.
Our social platform is in place to support the development of our own recovery community, very similar to a very successful one in Italy called San Patrignano. It was founded more than 4 decades ago and has grown and expanded over the years. It now is a self-supporting community that houses over 1300 people in recovery, with a success rate of 74% over the years. The residents there work in the businesses that have been developed at San Patrignano, where they learn trades, life-skills, and discipline while working on recovery. For more information on San Patrignano, see www.sanpatrignano.org .
With your support, we can make it happen!